About Me

My photo
Emily Grace Lamontagne is a young woman currently residing in Southern Manitoba. She's passionate about writing, reading, and the arts, and she has an unholy love of tea. She works as a Starbucks Barista and moonlights as a writer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tomorrow's the day.

Tomorrow marks the three month anniversary of my new apartment. So far, our landlords have been wonderful to myself and my new roommate, my roommate and I haven't killed each other yet, and not once have I been late and/or unable to pay my rent and utility bills.

Tomorrow, I need to tell my manager that I'm quitting. I've thought about it long and hard. I've discussed it with my therapist and my friends. Everybody agrees that while it is a wonderful place to work -- hell, I think its a wonderful place to work -- that it isn't the place where I should be working. I need to get out of the coffee business for a little while.

I'd like to get out of the customer service business altogether, actually, but that's kind of impossible right now ... maybe later. Maybe when I'm published. Maybe when I'm dead.

Wish me luck. I'll post again tomorrow with the results.

~Emily Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment